Is it fair for me to egotistically assume that going post-less for two month could possibly elicit any concern from you? I didn't think so. Truth is, I'm a lousy blogger - it requires way too much attention. I guess I can only hope to compensate for my sporadic post habits with spectacular content.
I'm OK: I've brewed three times since the last post. I suppose I should try to write something about each one.
I'm OK: The real reason I fell off the face of the earth was due to work. School is over. I'm now a licenced Senior Reactor Operator. This really only means that after two years of employment, I actually have to start doing my job. The good news is that I managed to pull it off without turning to heavy dosages of prescription psych-meds or not so prescription (or legal) alternatives
I'm OK: The true motivation for writing now hasn't whooped me yet. In the last 24 hours I've been able to eat one banana and drink one Sprite. More significant is that I haven't felt like a beer in over 60 hours. Turns out that a two-year old's stomach bug can transfer to daddy very easily. So, I've been sitting around a lot over the last couple days - no need to explain I'm sure.
But, I bet you didn't know it was possible to hear your bowels (and I use that term "loosely") do race tracks around your digestive system. Left - Right - Left - Right, complete with the Doppler effect of a NASCAR race.
Back to the beer. Since the last pale ale I wrote about, I've made a blonde, a retry on the pale ale and a scottish ale. The blonde turned out less than perfect. It has some sort of clove like smell/flavor to it. I probably fermented it too warm, but the story I like is that I used the wrong yeast and we'll call it a Belgian. I've heard that if any beer turns out goofy, just call it a Belgian. The pale ale was great. It was the same recipe as before except I went a little lighter on the bittering hops, using cascade instead of amarillo. It turned out great. The only reason I say that is it was well received at the Gingerbread House Party. We almost floated the keg. Raise your hand if you got drunk - mine's up. The scottish ale is still fermenting but there is no reason to suspect it will be bad.
Sorry for the absence. Maybe I'll try to write more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
my hand is raised.
Yes, I did miss the blog info. I always seem to learn something about you that I would never have known. I would have thought you knew that kids pass their germs to the adults in their lives. It seems that happened to me a time or two. Love, Mom
Drew...
I gotta say, I love the blog. I'm sitting at home with a sick baby today, and started surfing to find some of the old UofA lifeguard team...
I ran into this...and I love it! I hope all's well. Got your Xmas card - the kids look great!
Tell Kelly and Mike I said hello!
Paul F.
Post a Comment